Earn Cash-Backs with the Activation of the Discover Cards:
If you are looking for credit cards that can give you good cash back every time you make a purchase, then Discover Cards are an amazing option for you. It was launched in the year 1986 and is presently the seventh-largest issuer of credit cards in the world. Discover Cards are issued by Discover Banks, which is a subsidiary of Discover Financial Services.
Discover was only for the merchants at first, but later its increase in popularity in the 2000s lead to its agreements with Foreign Payment Networks. The Discover Cards offer you an amazing deal both for students and non-students and you will be getting many options to choose from.
Let us now look at the overall benefits of Discover Card:
- You don’t need to pay an annual fee for the card.
- You can earn a 5% cashback on selected categories that get changed quarterly up to a maximum purchase of $1500. You can get 2% cashback at gas stations and restaurants and 1% cash back on other purchases.
- The cashback that you have earned can easily be redeemed whenever you want.
- You don’t need to pay any interest for a longer period of time for any purchase.
- You will get a sign-up bonus depending on how much you have spent.
- If you are late to pay your fees for the first time, you won’t be charged for the late fee.
- If you opt for any foreign transaction, there is no fee required.
- If your card gets misplaced somehow, you can use Discover’s Freeze It features that can be used to prevent any purchases or cash advances or transfers.
- If your Social Security Number is found on the dark web, then you will be notified soon, as it is kept under surveillance by Discover monitors.
- Your cashback earning will double up the very first year you have had your card.
- You would receive $50 when a friend uses your refer a friend link to sign up for a Discover card.
- This card can be used worldwide in 190 countries and is accepted by 99% of the stores in the U.S.
- You are getting a free monthly statement with a free FICO score.
Things that you need to know besides the benefits:
There are certain interests that change according to the credit score. The ones who are non-students can find an APR of 22.99% if at the borderline credit, but the customers having a good credit score might get an 11.9% rate. The students get a 0% APR for the first six months, and that can vary from 12.99% to 21.99% afterward. For the cash advances, there will be an APR of 24.99%.
While you will be transferring a balance, you need to pay a 3% fee for each transfer after the first introductory transfer with 0% APR.
Check to see if you are eligible enough for a credit card without risking your credit scores:
With Discover’s risk-free options, you can check whether you have an approved offer waiting for you or if you’re pre-qualified for one of their credit cards.
The options will not impose any hard inquiry on you and these won’t even affect your credit score.
- You need to fill out the pre-approval form giving all your basic personal and financial information and review it to see if you have any offers or not.
- You can also fill out the pre-qualification form and submit it and select the card you want to go with.
None of the above options will guarantee your chance of getting a credit card, but your chances will be increased by knowing which card to apply for.
Activation Guide for Discover Card:
- Go to the website of discover or you may go to the activation page using the link discover.com/activate.
- Then on the page, you need to opt for Without Logging In if you do not have an online account.
- Then give your details – your Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY), Last 4 Digits of SSN, your 16 Digit Card Number, your Card Expiration Date (MM/YY), and 3 Digits Sequence ID.
- After you are done filling in all the details, you have to click on the Continue
- Then follow the onscreen prompts to complete the activation process.
(If you have an online account, you can also log in to complete the activation process. Once you log in, you have to give your User ID, password, and 3 Digit Sequence ID, and then click on the Continue button. Then you can follow the prompts to complete the procedure)
You can also opt to activate your card through phone, where you need to call on the number 800-347-2683 and provide that you are asked. Then your card will be activated. Keep in handy your card number, expiry date, and Social Security Number.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. How is the Cash Back working?
Ans. You will earn a cashback from 1% to 5% every time you make a purchase. This cashback can be redeemed whenever you want for a statement credit, or you can have the cash transferred to your account, or you can make a purchase from Amazon, buy gift cards or you can make a donation.
- Q. How will the Cashback Match work?
Ans. After the first year will end, the cashback that you have earned will be checked and matched. Supposed you have earned a cashback of $200, you will be credited with another $200.
This is only for the first year after you have received your card and there will be no such match afterward for the subsequent years.
- Q. Do I need to pay a foreign transaction fee?
Ans. No, you don’t need to pay any foreign transaction fee for any of the credit cards.
- Q. How will I make a Discover Card payment?
Ans. Discover cards are issued directly to its customers, so the payments are also made directly to them. For the billing, you can opt to sign in to your account to make the payment or set up automatic payments. You can also do it by calling on the number on the back of your card or by mailing your payment on the payment stub on your bill.
This article provides you with all the facts related to discovering cards that might help you to choose from different lines of Credit Card in the market. If you face any problem while going through the guidelines or face any other issue, you can always contact them following the link www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/contact-us. There you will find a lot of options to make a contact with them and you will also find the customer service sections that will provide you with FAQs, and you can tally the problem you are facing.