Activate your Mercury MasterCard for a Better Credit Score:
If you are worried of your credit score is low, then you have a great option of going with the Mercury MasterCard that can build your credit in a short period of time, usually, it starts building after two months if you have reached all the consequences required. It is a card provided by CreditShop Inc. and is issued by First Bank & Trust and was launched in the year 2018.
It is a card for the people who have had issues building credit in the past and definitely paying their balances on time. You need to be above 18 years and have to be a legal resident of the United States.
We will now take a look at the benefits of the card:
- You don’t need to pay an annual fee for the card.
- You can manage your card through the Mercury MasterCard app which is easy to use from your mobile. Applicable for both iOS and Android and it uses your FaceID and fingerprint
- You can use this card anywhere you want to. It is great for those who do not want to carry a number of cards. It is accepted everywhere.
- You will get the free FICO score, a credit score created by Fair Isaac Corporation, and that can be easily checked on your mobile app.
- The card comes with $0 Fraud Liability. if your card gets stolen or is lost, you won’t be held accountable for any fraudulent purchases if you report it. Your card will be closed, all the fraudulent purchases to be wiped out and a new card will be issued by the lender.
The other things that needed to be considered regardless of the benefits:
- It has a high APR that ranges from 25.9% to 27.9% which may fluctuate.
- It has an APR for Cash Advances from 27.9% to 29.9% which may vary based on the Prime Rate.
- If you get late with your payment, you need to give a fee of about $38.
- If you are transferring your balance, then you have to pay a fee that would amount to $5 or 4% of the total amount being transferred.
- For the Cash Advance, you need to pay a fee of $10 or 5% of the total amount, whichever is counted as higher.
- If you are opting for a foreign transaction i.e. using your card overseas, you need to pay a fee of 3% of each purchase.
Applying for the card:
Now it’s not that simple, because until and unless you receive an email from them you cannot apply for the card. You will be sent a reservation code that can only be achieved through email. After you have received the code, you need to follow the guidelines for the application –
- The first is to go to the official site of Mercury Card from the web browser of your mobile or laptop, or you may also follow the link
- Then on the page below, you will find the option Respond to Mail Offer and click on it.
- Then on the next page, you are taken to, you need to give your Reservation Code and the Last 4 digits of your SSN.
- Then you need to click on the Apply Today
- Once done, the verification process will start, and after the completion of the verification, you will be given a form, where you need to fill in all your personal data.
- Complete the fill-in section and click on the Apply
After your application is submitted, you will receive their response within 5 business days, and you will get the status of your application via email. And once accepted, you will receive all the information through your email about the arrival of your credit card.
Guidelines towards the Activation of Mercury MasterCard:
- First, from the mobile or laptop, open the web browser and go to mercurycards.com.
- After you get into the page, click on the Activate My Card option below the Sign-in form or you can also achieve the same from the menu section at the top right.
- You can also follow the link www.mercurycards.com/activate that will directly take you to the activation page and you don’t have to follow the above two guidelines.
- Then you will be taken directly to the next page or directly to the page if you follow the above guideline, where you need to give your Card Number, last 4 digits of SSN, and your birth month and year i.e. MM/YY.
- After you are done filling out the form, tap on the Proceed
- Then follow the onscreen prompts and your card will be activated.
Registering your Mercury MasterCard:
If you are opting to have full access to the activities of your card, then you have to register your card. Follow the guidelines to achieve the registration –
- You need to go to the website of Mercury card and need to click on the option Register For Online Access present below the sign-in button. You can also proceed to the page following the link
- After the page s opened, you need to enter your Credit Card Number, the Last 4 digits of your SSN, and your birth month and year.
- After you are done filling out the form, click on the Proceed
- Now you need to follow the online prompts to complete the registration procedure.
After it is done, you can have all the access to your card’s activities.
Now you need to make payments to avoid any late fee. For making a payment after the activation of your card, there are a total of three options you are given.
Also Read: How to Activate your Discover Cards Online
The Guidelines are Given for the first option i.e. through online mode:
- On the activation page, you need to click on the option Make a Payment.
- On the next page that will open, you need to give in your Birth month and birth year and credit card number/social security number.
- Then click on the Continue button and follow the prompts to complete your payment process.
Setting up of recurring payments:
- First, go to the website of mercury cards and sign in to your account.
- Then go to the Account Summary and click on Set up AutoPay, and then the AutoPay Enrollment will open up.
- Now you need to select the amount you would like to pay.
- Now you have to select or add the account that you have to use for your AutoPay.
- After setting everything, you need to click on Enroll in Autopay.
After you are done, you won’t be missing any payments and there will be no damage caused to your Credit Score.
The guidelines provided the second mode of payment option, i.e. through mail:
- You need to send the payment to the address – Card Services, PO Box 70168, Philadelphia, PA 19176-0168
- You can also opt to send your payment through express mail to this address –Lunchbox Services, Box #70168, 400 White Clay Center Dr, Newark, DE 19711
- You can also make a payment through a phone call – this is the last option to opt for, where you can complete the payment procedure through a phone call. Follow the instructions for the payment –
- You need to call on the number 866-686-2158 to get an automatic system.
- Now, you need to give all the key information about your Mercury Card.
- Now follow the guideline given on the phone to complete your payment.
Some frequently asked questions (FAQs):
Q. What I need to know about credit lines?
Ans. The maximum amount of credit available to you for purchasing goods and services from the merchants is the maximum credit line. This is also used for transferring balances from other accounts or for making cash advance transactions.
Q. When I will be charged with interest?
Ans. You won’t be charged any interest during your billing period in which you pay the new balance in full by the payment due date. If the balance is not paid within the due date in a billing period, then you will be charged interest on your purchases for that billing period.
This article gives you all the details of the Mercury MasterCard starting from its benefits to the mode of payments and with a few FAQs. You need to follow the guidelines for the activation of the card. Supposed you face any problem while following the guidelines, you can always reach out to them by going to the Contact Us section which is present below the page in the mercury card website. You will get different contact numbers based on your liability. If you face any trouble in the website or on the app or require assistance for a new application, you can always call on the number – 833-766-4844.