Serve prepaid card is beneficial for those who want to control their money on how they are spending. The American Express cards are accepted everywhere, making it easy for the people to make purchase and even pay their online bills.
In this article, we will see the activation procedure of the Serve cards, but before that we will see the benefits, fee structure and the other features that will help to understand the working of the cards making it easier for you to handle.
Benefits of the Serve cards:
- The card is FDIC insured, and does not allow only purchases but can do a lot more.
- It has more than 30,000 money pass ATM locations i.e. you can take out the money from your nearest ATM with ease.
- It is easier to pay your bill through online mode and there is instant cash transfer.
- If the payroll information is submitted by the employer at an early time, then Amex will credit your account prior to one or two days of the scheduled payment date.
- When you get paid with a check, the funds can directly be deposited to the funds of your Serve account through your mobile.
- Going to the ATM is not necessary, you can set up direct deposit, where the system gets automated, and the fees get minimized.
Fees structure of the Serve card:
- If you are thinking to set up your account online, then there is no charge required for it, but for the same work to be done in a retail store, you have to pay an amount up to $3.95.
- If you seeking a replacement card, then you would have to pay a fee of $5.
- You need to pay a monthly fee of $6.95, which can be devoid if you have a direct deposit of at least $500 per month.
- If you want to withdraw fess after being unable to find a MoneyPass ATM, you need to pay up to $2.50 as the withdrawal fees.
- Everytime the ATM transaction is declined, you have to pay a fee of $0.75.
Types of Serve cards:
- The Standard Serve card – it is the low cost prepaid card mostly used for receiving pay, making purchases and paying bills.
- Serve FREE card – this is for the ones who don’t own any bank account, and receive their payments in the form of cash, and this particular card offers free cash deposits with a monthly fee of $6.95.
- Cash back card – this card for those who load and spend a large amount of money for themselves. You are supposed to get 1% back on purchases with no annual capital.
Checking you balance or account history:
- You have to choose your main account when you are logging in to your account through online mode or Serve mobile app.
- When you are signed up for the text alert notifications, then you have to text BAL to 73783 to learn about the available balance.
- If you want to learn about the five recent transactions, then you have to type HIST to 73783.
Note – Charges are applicable for the text messages to learn about the account information.
Guidelines to set up an account:
- First you have to open the web browser and go to the Serve sign up page.
- Then you have to enter the username and a valid email address.
- Then you have to confirm the mail.
- Then you have to enter the pass and confirm it.
- Then you have to click on the Next
- Now, you have to provide the details like the first and last name and address.
- After you are done, you have to review the information and confirm it.
Guidelines for the Activation of the Serve prepaid Card through online mode:
- First task is to take the mobile or laptop and launch the web browser and go to their website serve.com/activate.
- Then on the page, you have to click Log in.
- Then you have to tap on the Card Activation button to login to your account.
- Then you have to give the Serve card number as well your card.
- The after completing the steps, you have to click on the button Continue, and then input the card number, CVV code, and the sort of card that you own.
- Then you will be notified that your card is activated.
Guidelines for the activation of the Serve card using the Phone number:
- You have to first call on the number – 1-800-954-0559
- As the phone line will establish, you have to discuss the Serve Card Activation.
- After you have done the work, you have to give your personal information that usually includes name, date of birth and address.
- Then after you are done giving all the information, you have to enter your card information that includes the card number, CVV code and the type of card.
- Then after you are done giving all the information, you will be notified that the Serve card is activated.
Guidelines for the activation of Serve card by using the ATM:
- First of all, get yourself to the nearest ATM.
- Then you have to enter your card into the ATM.
- Then you have to go to the Card options and then to card activation.
- Then you have to fill all the information.
- After you are done, you will be given a notification that your card is activated.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. How will I be sure of my email address being correct?
Ans. If you are unsure of the email given is correct, then the first task that you need to do is wait for the verification mail that should be reaching your mail ID within 30 minutes. If you haven’t received it yet, then you should check in the spam folder or trash folder. You need to check for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, and then select the Resend it link.
- Q. How can I be able to send funds using the American Express Serve card?
Ans. You just need to log into your Serve account to transfer funds online and then going to Money Out section. There you have to link a bank account and send the funds.
- Q. What kind of ATMs are applicable for using the American Express Serve card?
Ans. You can use any ATM of your choice, but if you want to avoid the fee mentioned above, then you have to use MoneyPass ATM.
- Q. How will I be able to cancel my American Express Serve card?
Ans. The first thing needed to be done is to transfer the funds to another account. Then once you reach the balance of $0, then you have to login to your account through online mode and then go to the Settings, and then click on the Close Account. If you want to get assistance from the customer service, then you can give them a call and get the work done.
If you have this card, and want to activate it, then you have to follow the steps to complete the activation process and the other procedures to be also kept in mind for the activation to complete.
- Serve American Express Prepaid Debit card – 1-800-954-0559
- Serve Pay As You Go Visa Prepaid Card – 1-833-729-9646