My Florida County: Pay Child Support Online
My Florida County offers the citizens of Florida, who have to pay their child support, a cloud-based platform to make their payments safely and securely without the hassle of sending checks by mail or stepping out from their house. Apart from paying child support, the users can also access other services like track the payment, check whether it is processed or not, view five most recent payments for their case and more from this site.
What is Child Support
Child Support is money paid from one parent to the other for their kids’ benefit and wellbeing. The payment is enforced by the respective state authority and as a parent, you must continue paying child support until your child turns eighteen. Once they reach the required age, the obligation will be automatically terminated by your Clerk of Court.
Through a Judicial Court Order or an Administrative Order, you can get child support for your children. You may also contact your private attorney for this matter. If you have not received your child support payment, you will be required to contact your Clerk of Court’s office to file a judgment against the delinquent parent for a lien against any real property of that individual. In private cases, the driver license and registration of the delinquent parent can be suspended.
Also Read: Pay UPMC Bill Online
What You Will Need to Pay Your Child Support Online
To make the transaction through My Florida County for their Child Support Payment, the users must have the following requirements:
- Court-ordered Case Number
- A valid form of payment such as credit card or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Discover)
How to Pay Your Child Support with MyFloridaCounty
MyFloridaCounty- Pay County Services Online enables both the users with or without having an account in My Florida County to make payment of their Child Support.
Pay Without Creating Account
If you don’t want to create an account and store your payment information, you can do that by entering all the details and required information every time you make payment. For that, you can follow the short guide listed below:
- Visit www.myfloridacounty.com
- Accessing the site you can either select the “Pay Now” under the very first section of ‘Pay Child Support’ or “CHILD SUPPORT” link at the top middle of the homepage. Both will lead you the same page.
- Now look at the middle right-hand side of the page to find the blue “Pay Now” button at the ‘Make Payment Now’ section.
- Choose between “Depository Number” and “Uniform Case Number” to add your case.
- For the Depository Number option, you need to select your county (easily found on the child support court order) from the given list.
- Enter the Case Number (You can click the link below the field and search cases by your SSN and Last Name if you don’t know it)
- If you select Uniform Case Number, you need to provide the County, Year, Court Type, Sequence Number, Party or Defendant Identifier and Branch Location to add your case.
- In the next steps, you need to enter the amount to pay and the required billing information.
- Lastly, confirm the payment and pay your Child Support
Log in to MyFloridaCounty Account to Pay Your Child Support
If you are existing MyFloridaCounty users holding an account in the site, you can pay your child support through that account.
- Go to the same website as mentioned above at www.myfloridacounty.com
- Enter the Child Support page and navigate to the Login tab at the top right corner of the page.
- Type the username and password associated with your MyFloridaCounty account in their respective fields on the tab.
- Hit the “Login” button to enter your account; enter the amount; provide the required details and pay.
The MyFloridaCounty account members, who have forgotten the password to log in to their account, can generate a new one. To do that, you need to click the “Forgot your password?” link beside the ‘Login’ button and enter the following information.
- And confirm email
An email will be sent to you along with the required instructions on how you can create your new password to regain your account access.
To Create a My Florida County Account
Creating an account is not mandatory to pay your child support. But the account in My Florida County will provide you with greater convenience and benefits like
- Pay by credit card or debit card and track the payment over time
- Save the payment information for easy access and make faster payment
- Receive instant verification that your payment has successfully submitted
- See the past payments conveniently
- Hassle-free online payment to get rid of sending money each month
In order to set up your My Florida County Account, visit www.myfloridacounty.com. Click the “CHILD SUPPORT” link at the top middle of the webpage; entering next, click the blue “Create Account” button from the middle and fill out a form providing the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Confirm Email
- Create Username
- Create Password (At least 6 characters long and contain a number)
- Confirm Password
- Account Type
- Name (exactly on the card)
- Card Number with no dashes and spaces
- Expiry Month and Year
- Company Name
- Employer FEIN (if you choose Employer Account)
- Card Holders Phone Number
Check the box to agree to the MyFloridaCounty terms of services and click “Continue” to proceed. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. After you have successfully created your account, you can log in and use all the features of the service including pay the child support.
To View Recent Payment and sign up for Direct Deposit
MyFloridaCounty users can check their recent payment and sign up for Direct Deposit to receive funds directly their bank account. For that, go to the MyFloridaCounty Child Support Page at https://www.myfloridacounty.com/child_support. Scroll down and click the “View” or “Sign up” link as per your requirement from the bottom right side of the page and enter the following information to initiate the process:
- Social Security Number
- Depository Case Number
- Or Uniform Case Number and its related info (i.e. County, Year Designator, Court Type, Sequence Number, Party/Defendant Identifier and Branch Location)
Important Information about Child Support Payment
- Child Support Payment made online via credit or debit card using MyFloridaCounty site has a non-refundable service fee of 3.5%. It cannot be canceled too as the payment is automatically sent to the SDU for disbursement to recipients.
- The payment can be stated as a cash advance on your credit card or debit card statement. You may also be charged additional fees under the terms of the cardholder agreement between you and your card issuer.
- You need to wait up to two business days for your payments to be processed if it is submitted before 3 pm EST.
- The Clerk of Court fee is equal to the four percent of your payment, up to $5.25 and it applies only to privately filed cases.
- The exact amount of Child Support money you are eligible to collect is dictated by the State. The figure is based on the number of children and the combined income of the parents.
- The money can be directly deposited to your bank account and in some cases, to a Florida Debit MasterCard.
My Florida County Contact Information
To reach My Florida County: Pay County Services Online, visit the official site and click the “Contact” link, the last option of the navigation column, and fill out a short form providing some basic info about yourself and describing your issues and what help you will need.
Apart from email communication, you can contact them by phone, fax or conventional mailing method.
Phone Number: 877-326-8689 (Weekdays 8 am to 5 pm EST)
PO Box 16428
Tallahassee, FL 32317