If you are looking for a job in a store then you must go for Dollar General Corporation which is an American chain of variety stores and has its headquarter in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. The company operates 15,000 stores in the country and has the revenue of $2560 billion. Dollar General also has subsidiaries, DOLGENCORP INC and so on.
If you are looking for a job then, Dollar General is offering a number of positions to its customers on its career portal. You can always search and apply for Dollar General Jobs by giving your personal details, your experience, your date of birth, SSN and other such details. Jobs are available as part-time and full-time categories. The company is offering very attractive salary packages along with the other lucrative benefits. If you found the job impressive then you can also refer it to your friend. So, if you are interested to apply, you can check these instructions and get to know more.
Apply For Various Job Positions Online
You can apply for various jobs but you have to apply for one job at one time. This shows that when you apply for the first job then you have to again go to the main job portal and choose the job and then apply for it accordingly.
The job traits of Dollar General
- Strong Candidate Traits
The company is hiring managers to fill many positions. You must have the ability to lift and move heavy items is a necessity for workers. Hopefuls who are friendly, can communicate well with customers, and assist them in finding products should fill out a Dollar General job application.
- Dollar General Career Duties
Dollar general is offering various job opportunities for job seekers. Applicants has to be helpful to guests along with co-workers. Teamwork is a big part of Dollar General Employment. Employees keep areas clean and the shelves stocked at all times.
- Perks for employees
If you get the job here then you will get brand items on amazing discounts. Hardworking individuals may earn an annual bonus. Better life wellness programs such as employee assistance are available to those in need.
Application Information for Dollar General
- You must be 18 years old to work at Dollar General, unless you get special permission from the Human Resources department or if it is required by law.
- Dollar General is open seven days a week, with most stores open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Some stores are only open until 9 p.m it stays open.
- Social Security number is required.
- If you don’t have an email address already, you can get one for free from several different sites including Google Gmail or Yahoo browser.
- You must not lose your login email address or password, because Dollar General will not send you a password reset email.
- You can apply to Dollar General online. Here, use the simple online form, print a PDF application, or find your local store on the store locator and call them for application instructions. Some stores have in-store application kiosks, but this is not their normal procedure.
- When you are applying online, make sure to set aside at least forty-five minutes to fill out the form. Also, you have to make sure you use a real email address when you create your application account, as that will be how they contact you about coming in for an interview.
Job positions and salary in Dollar General
- Sales Associate: For this you have to work with customers to help them find the products they need, run cash register, clean up store area, notify management if store is low on a product. The salary will be $8/hr.
- Lead Sales Associate: This is a key holder position, this position has the responsibility of opening and closing the stores on certain days, as well as all of the responsibilities of a Sales Associate. The salary will be $9/hr.
- Assistant Store Manager: This job is for the supervising the store employees. You will be helping maintain the store’s stock and opens and closes the store at least a couple of days a week. The salary will be $11/hr.
- Store Manager :Runs the store, makes sure that all employees are working well together and treating the customers properly. The salary will be $12/hr.
- Perishable Manager: This one for managing the Perishable Department, and assists customers in picking out meats, frozen foods and other perishables. The salary will be $10/hr.
- Warehouse Supervisor:This job is for supervising the warehouse and, makes sure the merchandise for the local stores is received and shipped out in a timely manner. The salary will be $20/hr.
- Lead Store Associate: For this job you have to complete all the duties of a regular Sales Associate, but also has the added responsibility of opening and closing the store as needed.They can also order merchandise from the Dollar General warehouses as needed, and assist in the implementation of marketing strategies.
- District Manager: This is for managing the store managers. Makes sure that each Store Manager has the proper equipment and stock for their stores to function at peak capacity.Creates reports for Regional Managers.
- Regional Managers: This is for managing the district managers. Determines based on reports and observation the effectiveness of District and Store Managers and encourages and replaces managers as is required.
So, here’s how you will be applying for a job in Dollar General
Job search in Dollar general
For this go to, www.jobs-dollargeneral.icims.com
- Here, at the middle of the page,
- Name your job
- Choose job category
- The location
- Then, click on , ‘Search’.
- Or you can look at the job options mentioned under the blanks. Click on one.
- In the directed page, read the job details,
- Qualifications required then, click on the middle right side, ‘Apply for this job online’
- In the next change, at the middle type your
- Email ID
- Then click on, ‘Next’.
You need to follow the prompts to apply for the job.
You can also refer this job to a friend.
Questions at the interview of Dollar general
When you go for the interview, you will be normally asked
- What is customer service?
- What time would you like to work?
- Do you have any retail experience?
- Follow up after Dollar general interview
After you have applied, if your application is accepted, a Dollar General hiring manager will call you in for a face-to-face interview.
If you given a good interview, the hiring manager will send you a hiring packet to the email address you used to create an account on the hiring site. This packet will include the information for a background check and a drug test.
- Check Back With The DG Career Site
If the hire manager doesn’t contact you in a week or so, you can check the status of your application by logging back into the application site and clicking on “Job Submission Status.”
- You Can Apply To More Than One Position
As mentioned earlier you can always apply to up to fifteen different positions at once, so if you have more than one application submitted, they will all be shown there.
- You can try again after 45 days
After you have applied and you haven’t heard from them, then you must know that, your application expires after 45 days, so if you do not hear from the hiring manager before then, you can re-apply for the same position on the 46th day after you applied.
Note: Dollar employee can apply for job by logging into the online account.
Benefits of Working at Dollar General
Employees can always get rewards and competitive pay . Dollar General recognizes hard workers with service award recognition programs. Healthcare coverage is an option in addition to 401(k) retirement plans for both full-time and part-time positions. Job holders who work 30 hours or more weekly becomes eligible for the following job benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) Plan
- Dental Coverage
- Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and so on.
Read Also… Take ShopRite Survey To Win $500 Gift Card
If you want to know more from the job portal or about the company, you can call on, 877-463-1553. From here, you will get to know about jobs and more.