Activation Fifth Third Bank Debit and Credit Card through Various Modes:
Fifth third bank is the principal subsidiary of the fifth third Bancorp which is a diversified bank holding company. It is one of the largest consumer banks in the Midwestern United States, which is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio at fifth third center, and was founded in the year 1858. It has 1154 branches and 2469 automated teller machines in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. This article will guide you with all the factors that you need to learn before applying for an account or a card.
Let us look at the benefits of having an account in Fifth Third Bank:
- This bank has thousands of ATMs and by the number I mean, above 50,000. If you are having an account in the bank, then you would have the access of 1,100 branches with the area and taking out the money from a different ATM All point, Presto and 7-Eleven ATM won’t create a hole in your pocket.
- You can open your checking or savings account with whatever deposit you want, that need to be filled within 45 days though.
- You will receive an interest every year i.e. Annual Parentage Yield, doesn’t matter how minimum you amount is in the account.
- They provide you interest bonuses on your savings account that encourages you to ave more. It is one-time bonus that is provided to you which is equal to all the interests that your account has earned. This earning ranges from $500-$25,000.
The other factors to keep in mind:
- Keeping an account in this bank comes with a monthly maintenance fees. The checking account need to be maintained with the fees ranging from $11-$25 per month and the savings account from $5 per month.
- They offer you low APY, that ranges from 0.01%-0.10% which is the highest.
- Using of the debit card comes with a price where you need to pay a monthly fee of $3.95.
- If you want to avoid a monthly fee charged to your account, then you need to maintain a balance of $1500 or above for the checking account and $500 for the Savings account.
What kind of customers should have their account in the bank:
- The customers who are willing to have a number of accounts in the bank.
- The ones who will love gaining cashbacks with debit card, bonuses and interest of minimum balances.
- The ones who can maintain a $1500 in their checking account.
- If you want to have a contact debit card, then this bank will give you that.
This bank offers 4 types of credit cards:
- Fifth Third Cash Back Card – a rewards card that requires no annual maintenance and this card will yield you a cashback of 1.67% on every purchase.
- Fifth Third Preferred Cashback Card – a no annual fee card that gives you a cashback of 2% on all purchases.
- Truly Simple Credit Card – this no-fee card offers 0% introductory APR for purchases made and transfer of balance during the promotional period and no penalty APR on missing any payments.
- Secured Card – this card comes with a $24 annual fee which is backed out with a refundable deposit of $300. This card is ideal for the ones who want to build or rebuild their credit.
Activating Fifth Third Bank Card through online banking. Follow the steps to Register:
- You need to visit the official website of the fifth third bank, and then click on the Enroll Now
- You can directly go to the activation page using the link www.53.com/activate.
- You are then directed to a new page, where you need to click on the ‘First Time User? Register’ which you will find at the bottom of the page.
- Then as the page appears, you need to click on the Yes
- Then you need to choose your User ID either from your Debit Card Number/ATM card number/credit card number.
- Then you need to choose your initial password, which will either be your ATM PIN or a temporary PIN and that you can change later.
- Then you need to log in to your online banking platform keeping in mind these credentials.
Now, when you are set with all your credentials, follow the Steps for Activating the Card:
- Visit the official activation website of the Fifth Third Bank at www.53.com/activate
- On the next page that appears you need to give your User ID and password.
- Then click on Login to Activate.
- If somehow you have forgotten your User ID or Password, click on Forgot User ID or Forgot Password.
- Then on the page, you need to give in all the credentials asked and then follow the prompts to complete the activation process.
Activating Fifth Third Bank debit card through the phone number
- Keep all the details of your card in hand.
- As you have accumulated the information, make a call on the number 800-621-2554.
- When your call is answered, you need to follow all the instructions given on the phone to get in touch with a representative.
- Then you will be guided through the process and then you will be asked about all the details that you need to give and will then verify you.
- Once done, your card will be then activated.
How will you be applying for a fifth-third bank credit card?
You can either go to a bank nearby or you may call on the number 1-866-671-5353. If you are a customer and have good credit that I being maintained for more than 90 days, then you are eligible for applying for a credit card.
How will you be applying for a fifth-third bank debit card?
You can make a call to a customer service professional at 1-800-972-3030 or you can visit the branch and directly apply for the card.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What shall I do if my card is stolen and ask for a replacement?
Ans. If you have lost your card, you can call and talk to one of the representatives through the number 1-800-782-0279.
What shall I do if I want to dispute a charge on my debit card?
Ans. For any kind of resolution of a dispute on your checking, savings, or card, you need to call on the number 1-877-833-6197. They will be available from Monday to Friday 7am to 8 pm (EST) and on Saturday from 8.30 am to 5 pm (EST).
- How will I track my purchases on my debit card?
Ans. You need to download the fifth third mobile banking app, and from there you can easily handle all your purchases or you may log into your account to review your monthly statement.
This article gives you the procedure of activating your card and also gives you the other details required to open an account in the bank. If you face any problem with the activation procedure or you are unable to understand any of the statements given in this article, then you are always welcome to make a contact with their customer services agents through the number 1-800-972-3030 from Monday to Friday 7 am to 8 pm EST and on Saturday from 8.30 am to 5 pm EST. You can also visit the nearest branch to clarify all your doubts.