Switch to T-Mobile with Carrier Freedom
T-Mobile offers the eligible consumers currently under contract with another carrier, to take advantage of the Carrier Freedom Offer and switch to T-Mobile without paying any extra cost. By joining the promotion, they will be able to have their carriers’ remaining device payment balance or early termination fees reimbursed up to $650 per line when they trade in their device for a new one.
T-Mobile provides with the lowest upfront cost of the latest devices with no annual service contract and no overages on the nationwide 4G LTE network. T-Mobile One Plan even separates the cost of the device from the service cost to bring the consumers’ their own eligible device and make the monthly bill less.
Requirements for T-Mobile Carrier Freedom
To participate in and qualify for the T-Mobile Carrier Freedom promotion and, you must be an eligible customer and will need to do some certain activities such as
- Must switch from a postpaid plan with another carrier
- Need to port the number or number to T-Mobile
- Trade in the current device/devices which you are financing or leasing with your previous carrier
- Each device that is traded in must match the device on your old carrier’s installment plan for device payment plan reimbursement
- Submit proof of ETF (Early Termination Fees) or device balance including a lease-purchase option for the devices
- Must be at least 90 days in good standing with the prior carrier
- For device payment plan reimbursement have been in good standing on the financing plan of the device to have paid off for least 90 days within 30 days of the port in
- Need to active service and finance or lease a new device with T-Mobile on a qualifying postpaid plan
- One Carrier Freedom offer is for one subscriber up to 5 lines and all the lines must on the same billing address
To Check the T-Mobile Carrier Freedom Eligibility
If you are not sure if you have already taken part in the Carrier Freedom promotion and submitted a mobile phone number or received a reimbursement payout in the past two years, you can check your promotion eligibility. To do so you can complete the following steps.
- Go to T-Mobile Carrier Freedom site at www.switch2t-mobile.com
- Click the “Check to see if you have already received the Carrier Freedom promotion here” link under the ‘GET STARTED’ button.
- Enter the 10 digits of the mobile number you want to check
- Click on the “SEARCH’ button to find if you are eligible to redeem the line for T-Mobile Carrier Freedom.
How to Switch to T-Mobile
The individuals and families, up to 5 lines, currently under a postpaid contract at the other carrier including AT&T, Sprint or Verizon, who want to join T-Mobile and get Early Termination Fees or ETF reimbursement offer in Carrier Freedom promotion, need to complete the steps provided below:
- Activate a qualifying plan and get a new device
- Transfer over the eligible phone number. (You must complete the phone number transfer process to submit the reimbursement request)
- Trade in the phone or tablet by visiting a T-Mobile store or online and receive a bill credit based on the market value of your device.
While purchasing a new device in a T-Mobile store, you will have the option to instant trade in and also complete the entire procedure of activation, port-in, trade-in and reimbursement submission requirements.
And if you buy your new phone or tablet online or over the phone, instead of visiting a store, make sure you must complete the activation, port-in and initiate the trade-in with your new device before submitting the reimbursement. For online or phone procedure, you should ensure a few things such as
- The trade-in must be processed at the time of order
- Mail your trade-in device within 14 days of receiving the new device
- Use the pre-paid USPS mailing label to return the device. The label enables you to check the status of your trade-in device from your account
- Trade-in devices must be reached within 30 days of the original online or phone order
- A confirmation text message will be sent to you when the trade-ins have been received and processed.
Sign Up for T-Mobile ID
For online submission to get your reimbursement, you need to sign up for a T-Mobile ID and create an online account if you have not done that earlier. By registering for online access you can easily check the reimbursement submission status, track your usage, view and pay the bills, change the plan or services, a message with T-Mobile agent and much more.
You can create a T-Mobile Online Account from the Carrier Freedom page. To initiate the procedure
- Visit www.switch2tmobile.com
- Scroll down and click the “GET STARTED” button and you will be directed to the login page
- Click the “SIGN UP” link located on the bottom right side of the login section and below the Sign Up for T-Mobile ID
- Enter the required information i.e. Name, Email Address, Phone Number (T-Mobile wireless number).
- Create an 8-50 long character password containing at least one number, and one letter with no common patterns or phrases.
- Click “Next” and complete the process following the on-screen instructions
Submit for Reimbursement Online
When you will get your new phone on the T-Mobile network and receive the final bill including the Early Termination Fees amount from your old carrier, you can request for pay off.
- To do that, visit www.switch2t-mobile.com
- Scroll down and click the “GET STARTED” button
- Log in with your T-Mobile ID and password
- If you forgot the password, provide the required information and reset it to access your T-Mobile account
- Select the carrier and payment type under the ‘FINDING THE RIGHT SWITCHING OFFER’
- Check the box next to terms and conditions of T-Mobile Carrier Freedom promotion
- Select the numbers you would like to submit for Carrier Freedom and click the box next to each line you want to submit for the selected reimbursement offer.
- For Early Termination Fee Reimbursement, you can choose a prepaid card by mail
- Enter your contact number to be notified about your reimbursement submission or the issues, if any, related to it
- Click “Continue” to proceed
- Submit the required payoff information
- Upload an image of each phone number (screenshots of the final bill, and device financing details page for each selected number) before clicking the “Submit” button.
Also Read : Kroger Associates Online Extranet
Note that, the images must be in pdf, jpg or png format and the size of each image is limited up to 5 MB. You are allowed to upload a maximum of 15 images.
Upon completion, a message will appear on your screen to let you know if the reimbursement was approved.
Check the Reimbursement Status Online
You can view the status of your reimbursement by logging into your T-Mobile Online account and going to the “Status” option. There you can see the following information for each number you submitted for reimbursement.
- Tracking ID
- Date and Time of submission
- Payment Type: Prepaid Virtual Card or Physical Rebate Card
- Reimbursement Status: Approved or Denied
- Device/ETF Balance per line
- Trade-In Credit per line
- Reimbursement per line
- Total Reimbursement Amount
How to Register your Virtual Prepaid MasterCard and Access your Rebate
If your reimbursement submission is approved and it is ready to be redeemed, an SMS with a link will be sent to you. Clicking the link you can register your Virtual Prepaid MasterCard or
- Access www.switch2t-mobile.com/virtualCardRegistration
- Click the “Next” button.
- Complete the captcha and click on the “Continue” button.
- Log in to the site to register your virtual card and create an account an account with Wirecard
- Once registered, you will be back to the site again to view the balance on your card.
The Virtual Prepaid MasterCard is issued by Sunrise Bank N.A. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. The card can be used at any MasterCard merchant that accepts online or telephone payment. Using it, you can be able to make immediate, real-time payments and view the fund balance.
If you still have questions, call the customer care at 1-888-390-6867
Or, write to
T-Mobile Customer Relations
PO Box 37380
Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380